Mediation is a practice that takes many forms. Over the next few weeks, you will obtain a clear and concise understanding of what meditation is and what it isn’t, as well as ultimate gifts that become available once you commit to regular practice. Discipline and diligence are essential for everyday wellness in today’s complex, fast-paced world!
According to Joel & Michelle Levey, wise elders of the mindfulness movement, there are 5 general categories for meditation:
- Concentration Meditation: cultivating a focused mind
- Mindfulness Meditation: cultivating presence of mind
- Reflective Meditation: cultivating an inquiring mind
- Creative Meditation: cultivating a transformative mind
- Heart-Centred Meditation: cultivating a mind of loving-kindness
Each meditation builds on the first two as concentration and mindfulness are the foundation for effective practice. Whether you choose to follow up with reflective, creative, or heart-centred mediations, explore different ones to see which resonates most deeply for you at this particular time in your life. Remember that life is ever-changing. Stay centred in the present moment through concentration and mindfulness, and the gifts will spontaneously present themselves in perfect time!